05ad6afe 1f85 4c4a 8680 4f73a3c1f45c
Lano
last online: <time class="timeago" datetime="1614983159" title="Mar 5, 2021 22:25">Mar 5, 2021 22:25</time>
Verified User (2 years, 11 months)
Long Term User
Shoutout3

Name three things you'd like the new US government to do.

Whether you're conservative, liberal, or don't identify as either, or even if you're not from the US, name three things you're hoping the US government does in the next four years. Or more than three. And say which thing is more important to you if you can rank them.

Preferably something concrete. Like "legalize cannabis nationally" or "deregulating the offshore oil drilling industry" or "make middle east peace a foreign policy priority." Rather than something vague like "respect my rights!"

I'm actually especially interested if you see yourself as conservative/republican in what positive things you want to see the government does, as most of what I usually hear is that they don't want to gov't to do x, y, or z. I'm curious if there is a more positive side to that coin and what it is.

This open post was written |
Views: 224, Subscribers: 6 |
Leave a reply | Report Post

⇩ Zoom to bottom
Reciprocity (0)
Reciprocity
Since writing this post Lano may have helped people, but has not within the last four (4) days.
Post Tags (5)
curious, side, positive, government, coin
Replies (19)
05ad6afe 1f85 4c4a 8680 4f73a3c1f45c
last online: <time class="timeago" datetime="1614983159" title="Mar 5, 2021 22:25">Mar 5, 2021 22:25</time>
Verified User (2 years, 11 months)
Long Term User
Shoutout3
#
(21 minutes after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

I suppose I should start off.

1. A national, efficient, well functioning healthcare system would be nice.
2. Massive green energy investment, like solar panel farms and wind turbines.
3. National laws concerning the prohibition of specific police tactics (like chokeholds) and better training for police officers. As well as investment in a civilian division of the police that would answer calls that do not require officers with guns.

I hope those things because I think that is what most people who voted for the incoming President want. I think it is important for government officials to respect the mandate that brought them to power.

Something I think most Americans can agree on is the legalization of cannabis. At least in terms of revoking any national laws against it. It could easily be a state issue, yes?

1581744157174 1581744149313 miss bot
last online: <time class="timeago" datetime="1614472489" title="Feb 28, 2021 0:34">Feb 28, 2021 0:34</time>
Verified User (3 years, 4 months)
Long Term User
Shoutout0
#
(16 hours after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

Affordable health care across the board.
Food for everybody that needs it; from seniors on Meals on Wheels to children in shelters. Pay farmers a living wage for the food they grow or raise. Universal tuition free education through bachelor's degrees.

Sucking the mic
(23 hours after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

sorry i only got one pointer on my mind.. more support for ADA act

closed-caption, braille, ramps and HC parking space requirements arent cutting it for people like me.. im hard of hearing, but my biggest concern is fair opportunity for qualified work. People discriminate because they fear how they will handle someone like me, so i don't get hired.

i was lucky enough to work with this one person in the past who left for another job.. who vouched for me when i was looking for another job later on. now they know how much of a quality employee I can be.

i just wish they wouldn't stress me out with their barging ways

58689324 10156339622108100 960668073969319936 n
(1 day after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

Unify both parties, highly unlikely but one can hope..... covid needs to be mandated way more... universal Healthcare, more taxes on the wealthy that goes to the poor, oh wait is that socialism or humanism? Honestly in a reality world I wish everyone would be equal and pay for everyone blah blah blah but I'm living in usa

Sucking the mic
(2 days after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

danihatesyou wrote:
Unify both parties, highly unlikely but one can hope..... covid needs to be mandated way more... universal Healthcare, more taxes on the wealthy that goes to the poor, oh wait is that socialism or humanism? Honestly in a reality world I wish everyone would be equal and pay for everyone blah blah blah but I'm living in usa

right on, quit demonizing the parties

05ad6afe 1f85 4c4a 8680 4f73a3c1f45c
last online: <time class="timeago" datetime="1614983159" title="Mar 5, 2021 22:25">Mar 5, 2021 22:25</time>
Verified User (2 years, 11 months)
Long Term User
Shoutout3
#
(2 days after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

NacthoMan wrote:
sorry i only got one pointer on my mind.. more support for ADA act

closed-caption, braille, ramps and HC parking space requirements arent cutting it for people like me.. im hard of hearing, but my biggest concern is fair opportunity for qualified work. People discriminate because they fear how they will handle someone like me, so i don't get hired.

i was lucky enough to work with this one person in the past who left for another job.. who vouched for me when i was looking for another job later on. now they know how much of a quality employee I can be.

i just wish they wouldn't stress me out with their barging ways

I'm curious, specifically what sort of changes would you like to see?

For example, do you think a type of affirmative action would be useful? Or is workplace harassment an issue?

It's not a type of issue I'm usually exposed to so I don't know much about it.

R
(2 days after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

What if we took the democrat's party back for the voters, for the workers, for citizens. It's time to recognize that we ended up with 45 in the WH because for the last 4 decades our representative parties have both gone hard in on protecting those that profit from the stock market. Giant corporations have zombified our gov't to serve them. Corporations bought politician's ears, got their tax loop holes, got bail out after bail out directed to them ALL while they fought off worker protections.

Think about this: we live in a capitalist society. Regulated capitalism can be a good thing: IF economic equality is part of the plan. As it stands, we have allowed our representation to feed unregulated capitalism back to us. Capitalism requires a large customer base. That customer base is all of us wage and salary earners who don't have a way out of paying taxes. We work for corporations who fight living wages for workers at a national level and force a majority of workers to piece together multiple part time jobs to earn the default 40 hour paycheck by working 60 hours sometime without overtime, benefits, retirement, health care. Economic inequality is the result and people are, at times, forced to accept gov't assistance because the system is created to prevent workers from having real stability and they are robbed of the ability to leave toxic work situations because they are trapped just in order to scrape by and hold onto something to keep a roof over their head, a car in working order and essential food.

Those hand-outs someone may find themselves in a situation to qualify for? Those situations are created because of corporate lobby efforts to squeeze the most out of worker cogs for the least investment in the worker possible. So who is funding the hand-outs that these people really do deserve? All of us other workers-the masses have to pay for the struggle because the A55es at the top don't pay fair taxes. Just because the CEOs have paid a little to campaigns across the board to make huge profits for themselves and investors. They all own major stocks and this feedback system keeps them swimming in oceans of wealth while we are allowed drops of wealth, the pocket change, the lost pennies on the sidewalk. Workers don't benefit from soaring stocks. Those profits are sourced from worker's wallets through a network of dark money funded think tanks most Americans haven't learned about yet.

Progressive twitter political threads are an eye opener if you can find a few accounts to follow that are willing to spell out issues in modern politics that aren't covered by major news networks. Once you understand a few pieces made by the backroom deal makers that have been running on our political system behind their golden curtains, it become obvious who our "news" casters are beholden to. Broadcast reporters & journalists are limited by the political views held by the men who own the broadcast licenses.

We need to take back our voice & our gov't for citizens again. Franklin Roosevelt initally filled his cabinet with the party elite and wealthy men of the time in a era that came to be known as the Great Depression. It was progressive citizen visionaries that forced him to change out his default favored consultants to tap into people who had greater on the ground knowledge to turn the depression around. If his New Deal hadn't have been created, our great grandparents and grandparents wouldn't have been able to overcome the gov't create economic inequaltiy of their time. Their boomer kids benefited so much from those efforts. They had unions that actually represented them in the work place, they had Social Security AND retirement, they had greatly respected insurance coverage until retirement and then were covered by medicare at no cost after retirement. Now? Many of those Boomer kids have grown up and sit on boards of our educational institutions, run the largest corporations, sit in gov't positions, fat and happy with all they were rewarded with in life because of what the New Deal bestowed on their parents and they think they earned it all. They think it was ordained by their hard work that they are so well squared away. They look at their children and grandchildren and sometimes great grandchildren and ignore the hurdles their way of governing and electing representation has impacted the masses in later generations. Those rewarded with wealth will for the most part, pave a way for their own and those in their upper economic circles, if it is mutually beneficial---but the rest who lack portfolios? "It's just bad luck, so sad," they say. But the system was designed this way.

The MontPelerinSociety &TheFederalistSociety are dangerous to democracy. I want our country back. If you are unaware of their dark money funding use your googlefu to investigate. There are a few youtube videos that dive into their long term goals and history. If you can find interviews with authors who have written NYT bestsellers on any of them, it should give a great rundown of what those with the most wealth don't want us to be aware of. Social media has made it possible to expose so much to the interested voting class that is expected to vote for them and be satisfied with the few drops they can spare from their oceans of wealth that ultimately keeps accelerating our country's economic inequality.

I want at least one party that challenges the corporate lobby class and demands gov't address issues our modern gov't fostered in as they erroded protections the New Deal put in place to protect past generation. I want to remove the employer from being our gatekeeper to accessing healthcare. I want corporations to be taxed to maintain and modernize our infrastructure that is required to be in place so that they can operate as a corporation at all. They need a healthy, educated and trained workforce to be successful, that means they should be taxed to make national public options that serve those purposes in order to guanantee we can run like a well oiled machine. Capitalism is a machine, but people aren't cogs to wear down and chuck out for a replacement. Productivity requires these investments, if we value democracy at all.

I was feeling homesick for the old faces from before the CBStakeover of the original platform and various iterations that followed. I just stopped by and thought this was a great question from Lano. I see founderErik has a twitter and am considering following him just to see if other former helpers I recognize are using that platform. Maybe. I still value my anonymity, so maybe not. Catch y'all on the flip side. Take care everyone! ๐Ÿ›ฃ๏ธ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

NacthoMan wrote:

danihatesyou wrote:
Unify both parties, highly unlikely but one can hope..... covid needs to be mandated way more... universal Healthcare, more taxes on the wealthy that goes to the poor, oh wait is that socialism or humanism? Honestly in a reality world I wish everyone would be equal and pay for everyone blah blah blah but I'm living in usa

right on, quit demonizing the parties

This account has been deactivated.

Sucking the mic
(6 days after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

Lano wrote:

NacthoMan wrote:
sorry i only got one pointer on my mind.. more support for ADA act

closed-caption, braille, ramps and HC parking space requirements arent cutting it for people like me.. im hard of hearing, but my biggest concern is fair opportunity for qualified work. People discriminate because they fear how they will handle someone like me, so i don't get hired.

i was lucky enough to work with this one person in the past who left for another job.. who vouched for me when i was looking for another job later on. now they know how much of a quality employee I can be.

i just wish they wouldn't stress me out with their barging ways

I'm curious, specifically what sort of changes would you like to see?

For example, do you think a type of affirmative action would be useful? Or is workplace harassment an issue?

It's not a type of issue I'm usually exposed to so I don't know much about it.

well yes, long story short. i've been recieving brash berating for some time in the past.. but lately i've gained some support from the good guys at work, things appear neutral.. thing is this makes it difficult being a new hire. first if they're not sure what they're getting into .. and hire me, they find themselves in alot of regret.. until they finally understand the way and how to work with me. its not at all giving me an easy way out.. but a form of communication. and yes it takes alot of patience.

the kind of work i do has spurts of moments where they're in a hurry and everything is rush rush rush.. and i miss out when they jumble mumble quip at everything when they come yelling at me like i just TOLD YOU A WHILE AGO!!

sorry bub.. but im hard of hearing so if your're gonna be a sasshole lets just say it was your damn fault for not acknowledging my D/A dummy!

i dunno if this qualifies as harrassment. its more like qualifies for ignorance of my needs and treating me like im a regular.

its ok now.. with that said.. it aint easy finding a newer - friendlier - better paying job. So yea a sort of qualified affirmitive action would likely be great help.. being hired for my skills not race/color/disability etc..

05ad6afe 1f85 4c4a 8680 4f73a3c1f45c
last online: <time class="timeago" datetime="1614983159" title="Mar 5, 2021 22:25">Mar 5, 2021 22:25</time>
Verified User (2 years, 11 months)
Long Term User
Shoutout3
#
(1 week after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

Nevermind I see what happened, they deleted their account.

Lano invited 1 user .
05ad6afe 1f85 4c4a 8680 4f73a3c1f45c
last online: <time class="timeago" datetime="1614983159" title="Mar 5, 2021 22:25">Mar 5, 2021 22:25</time>
Verified User (2 years, 11 months)
Long Term User
Shoutout3
#
(1 week after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

NacthoMan wrote:

well yes, long story short. i've been recieving brash berating for some time in the past.. but lately i've gained some support from the good guys at work, things appear neutral.. thing is this makes it difficult being a new hire. first if they're not sure what they're getting into .. and hire me, they find themselves in alot of regret.. until they finally understand the way and how to work with me. its not at all giving me an easy way out.. but a form of communication. and yes it takes alot of patience.

the kind of work i do has spurts of moments where they're in a hurry and everything is rush rush rush.. and i miss out when they jumble mumble quip at everything when they come yelling at me like i just TOLD YOU A WHILE AGO!!

sorry bub.. but im hard of hearing so if your're gonna be a sasshole lets just say it was your damn fault for not acknowledging my D/A dummy!

i dunno if this qualifies as harrassment. its more like qualifies for ignorance of my needs and treating me like im a regular.

its ok now.. with that said.. it aint easy finding a newer - friendlier - better paying job. So yea a sort of qualified affirmitive action would likely be great help.. being hired for my skills not race/color/disability etc..

That's definitely something not enough people talk about in conversations about affirmative action in general. At least not in the news sources I go to.

Sucking the mic
(1 week after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

Lano wrote:

NacthoMan wrote:

well yes, long story short. i've been recieving brash berating for some time in the past.. but lately i've gained some support from the good guys at work, things appear neutral.. thing is this makes it difficult being a new hire. first if they're not sure what they're getting into .. and hire me, they find themselves in alot of regret.. until they finally understand the way and how to work with me. its not at all giving me an easy way out.. but a form of communication. and yes it takes alot of patience.

the kind of work i do has spurts of moments where they're in a hurry and everything is rush rush rush.. and i miss out when they jumble mumble quip at everything when they come yelling at me like i just TOLD YOU A WHILE AGO!!

sorry bub.. but im hard of hearing so if your're gonna be a sasshole lets just say it was your damn fault for not acknowledging my D/A dummy!

i dunno if this qualifies as harrassment. its more like qualifies for ignorance of my needs and treating me like im a regular.

its ok now.. with that said.. it aint easy finding a newer - friendlier - better paying job. So yea a sort of qualified affirmitive action would likely be great help.. being hired for my skills not race/color/disability etc..

That's definitely something not enough people talk about in conversations about affirmative action in general. At least not in the news sources I go to.

if anyone shakes it up enough to get the world's attention.. yea it'll be the big deal.. tho..

now im not sure if i want to be the center of attention. heh. i've seen the crap the media can go about. volunteers anyone?

Anonymous
#
(3 weeks after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

1. Ban religion.
2. Begin issuing guaranteed income.
3. Insure every citizen with affordable/free healthcare including legalizing recreational pot.

05ad6afe 1f85 4c4a 8680 4f73a3c1f45c
last online: <time class="timeago" datetime="1614983159" title="Mar 5, 2021 22:25">Mar 5, 2021 22:25</time>
Verified User (2 years, 11 months)
Long Term User
Shoutout3
#
(3 weeks after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

NacthoMan wrote:

if anyone shakes it up enough to get the world's attention.. yea it'll be the big deal.. tho..

now im not sure if i want to be the center of attention. heh. i've seen the crap the media can go about. volunteers anyone?

Me neither tbh.

05ad6afe 1f85 4c4a 8680 4f73a3c1f45c
last online: <time class="timeago" datetime="1614983159" title="Mar 5, 2021 22:25">Mar 5, 2021 22:25</time>
Verified User (2 years, 11 months)
Long Term User
Shoutout3
#
(3 weeks after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

Anonymous wrote:
1. Ban religion.
2. Begin issuing guaranteed income.
3. Insure every citizen with affordable/free healthcare including legalizing recreational pot.

I can't agree with banning religion but i am guessing you've made a topic just about that so i will see you there when i get a chance.

Sucking the mic
(3 weeks after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

commies banned religion.. guess it worked for them for a while - till it didint.

Anonymous
#
(3 weeks after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

NacthoMan wrote:
commies banned religion.. guess it worked for them for a while - till it didint.

Sadly, banning religion is unrealistic. But it's my #1 wish all the same. Nothing says an un-healthy democracy like voting your values based on BULLSH*T.

Lano wrote:

I can't agree with banning religion but i am guessing you've made a topic just about that so i will see you there when i get a chance.

Btw, Lano, I'm sure I've created posts like that before but it's been a while. I'm starting to think it's time to debate it again though. Keep an eye out!

05ad6afe 1f85 4c4a 8680 4f73a3c1f45c
last online: <time class="timeago" datetime="1614983159" title="Mar 5, 2021 22:25">Mar 5, 2021 22:25</time>
Verified User (2 years, 11 months)
Long Term User
Shoutout3
#
(3 weeks after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

Anonymous wrote:

NacthoMan wrote:
commies banned religion.. guess it worked for them for a while - till it didint.

Sadly, banning religion is unrealistic. But it's my #1 wish all the same. Nothing says an un-healthy democracy like voting your values based on BULLSH*T.

Lano wrote:

I can't agree with banning religion but i am guessing you've made a topic just about that so i will see you there when i get a chance.

Btw, Lano, I'm sure I've created posts like that before but it's been a while. I'm starting to think it's time to debate it again though. Keep an eye out!

Oh there is a recent post marked nsfw up about religion being bad by someone anonymous i assumed it was you because of the timing lol.

Anonymous
#
(4 weeks after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

Lano wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

NacthoMan wrote:
commies banned religion.. guess it worked for them for a while - till it didint.

Sadly, banning religion is unrealistic. But it's my #1 wish all the same. Nothing says an un-healthy democracy like voting your values based on BULLSH*T.

Lano wrote:

I can't agree with banning religion but i am guessing you've made a topic just about that so i will see you there when i get a chance.

Btw, Lano, I'm sure I've created posts like that before but it's been a while. I'm starting to think it's time to debate it again though. Keep an eye out!

Oh there is a recent post marked nsfw up about religion being bad by someone anonymous i assumed it was you because of the timing lol.

Probably was actually. I probably forgot I made it lol...

Did anyone respond? I don't remember any deep conversations lately about the subject haha

Sucking the mic
(4 weeks after post)
Quote this reply Report this reply to moderators

.


take a look its a period.

A
⇧ Zoom to top

Help-QA supports basic Markdown, emoji ๐Ÿ˜, and tagging friends with @username!