Mini-Profile
05ad6afe 1f85 4c4a 8680 4f73a3c1f45c

I’m Lano. I’m a Komodo Dragon. I speak Komodo Dragon, English, and a little of a couple of other human languages. I’m also fluent in otter and gueina pig.

Where did you grow up?

A jungle far away from where ever you are.

Where do you live now?

Right about here, more or less.

What is the highest level of education you have attained?

Advanced degree, and a doctorate in Komodo Dragon law.

What subjects did/do you enjoy most at school?

I just didnt like english or math

What's your favorite sport or sports?

Staring contest and the Art of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

What kind of jobs have you held? Industries too!

Retail, data entry, philosophy

What hobbies are you into?

Gaming of all sorts, from video to boards

What causes are you concerned about today?

The cause of Truth.

If you claim a political party affiliation, which is it?

The one that is pro komodo dragon rights

Which religion (if any) do you follow?

The Komodo Dragons worship many gods which are unpronounceable for the short, deformed human tongue. They are glorious and beautiful to behold.

Lano has no friends yet.
User Involvement
Posts Subscriptions Replies Shoutouts Tags Followed Posts Touched Favorites, Fans, and Friends
51 341 816 3 206 354 0/1/0
Activity
Last 5 Posts Authored

Too much snow.

written () ago

And always on the weekend too. Sheesh.


I am looking for a credit card with good rewards and no annual fee.

written () ago

Anyone have any good experiences? I have recently become interested in investing my money in stocks so I am considering the Fidelity credit card.


Yesterday was a hard day for all Americans.

written () ago

We will get through it though. There is a first time for everything. Remember worst things have actually happened to this country and in recent history too. I'm sure we can all think of examples.


Does anyone want to talk about New Years resolutions?

written () ago

What are they? Or aren't they? Where do they come from? Do they smell good?


Merry christmas and happy holidays.

written () ago

Shalom? I don't know if I am using that word correctly.


All Claimed Posts »

Top Replies
Lano's Top (5) Replies by other users' votes
Why do young people like socialism so much?

Questions are good but if this is more than a rant, the right question must be asked.

I'm in my early thirties, so i count as young? What about elementary school kids?

And what do you mean by socialism? The usa has tons of socialist policies that no one (or at least not most) seem to have a problem with. Public schools, public libraries, social security, unemployment benefits, the government of most states requiring you to have auto insurance if you want to drive, and others i can't think of right now.

Probably you have none of these things in mind when you say socialism, but are simply aping rhetoric that a pundit is spouting who could care less if your child has a basic education.

The only way a debate like this becomes grounded in reality is by talking about specific problems with specific policies. Otherwise both sides are swiming in a sea of idealisti nonesense.

- written - voted for by lirou, NacthoMan, Araz, Padre_J_Roulston, pinocchiothepuppet
So I'm scared I hurt a snake...

Let me say I am pleased to see a bipedal show such concern for his reptilian fellows. while I am not an expert on snakes, I believe that, if it was hurt, you would probably be able to tell. Bones crack when broken, and you should realize that creatures are usually built pretty tough - snakes spend their whole lives on the ground, after all.

He wouldn't have been much safer living in your store, so I believe you did the right thing. On the other hand, I would offer...what if the snake was venomous? I do not know where you live and if there are such snakes in the area, but your job probably doesn't pay you enough to get treated for snake venom. Animal control may have been a better option.

- written - voted for by DocteurRalph, DragonLady
Solipsism (/ˈsɒlɪpsɪzəm/ from Latin solus, meaning 'alone', and ipse, meaning 'self') is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist.

I think, therefore I am. But why not just, Think. Think. Think. And not bother to assume that I must be the one thinking. Maybe the thoughts belong to someone else. To assume the thoughts that appear in the head on these shoulders as these hands type are my own is just as good as to assume that the sandwhich that these eyes see in your hand is mine just because these eyes in this head see it.

There's a giveness to thoughts though-they're personal, no one else seems to hear them unless I open my mouth, and I can do it at anytime that I'm not asleep. How can the thoughts that I can hear that you cannot hear be yours and not mine? But might as well ask why the voice the deaf man cannot hear when he uses his mouth not be his and not mine when I hear it while it's just we two in the room.

- written - voted for by Kalinihta, Jebus-Zeus
Do you have a plan to vote if you live in the US?

NacthoMan wrote:
i was considering it .. but my big question is something like will my republican vote count in full blown democrat state?

No matter how you look at it, your vote ABSOLUTELY counts. Here goes:

1. Voting is an anonymous (or public if you want) political statement. Even if you lose, you're letting your political leaders know that you're there, who their constituencies are. These things matter to them. If you don't vote, it makes it easier for them to disregard you. And yes, they care about whether they win by 20 points or if they win by 15 points. So should you.

2. It's not just the President we're voting for. If you want to vote republican, statistically speaking, the odds are you live in a republican leaning district. This means your House representative is probably Republican. Or, even they're not republican, odds are you're in a competitive district. Meaning your vote could decide whether or not whoever your representative is keeps their job or their challenger takes it.

Many if not all states are also having state legislature elections this year as well. So if you care about having more republican members in your state legislature, then you should vote. Keep in mind that even if your congressional district isn't competitive, your state legislature district very well could be.

For example, I live in a congressional district who's had Republican representing them for over twenty years. That guy retired, and now for the first time there's actually a better than 50 percent chance that a Democrat will be elected to it, according to political analysts.

However, my state legislative district is super Democratic and there's very little chance that the Democrat incumbent will lose. The reason is congressional districts and state legislature districts just don't line up the same way, so your national congressional district could be composed on more than one state legislative district.

State legislatures MATTER. You like Republicans? I'm assuming that means you like the idea of charter schools? Do you know who decides education policy for your state? Your governor and state legislature. Even if you don't have a chance to get a majority, having more Republican legislatures will mean a better chance of fighting Democratic policies that you happen not to like.

State legislatures MATTER EVEN MORE THIS YEAR BECAUSE IT IS A CENSUS YEAR. Why is that important? Because gerrymandering, that's why! State legislatures will redraw their congressional districts and the bigger majority the dominant party has, the easier it will be for them to gerrymander the heck outta your state.

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your...

3. This is the most important reason: IF YOU DON'T USE YOUR VOTE, YOU LOSE IT. This is not a guess or some far off possibility. This is right now. The less people who vote, the less the governments invests in election infrastructure, and the more likely they are to purge voter rolls.

This happens in some states: Let's say you haven't voted in 10 years, maybe you're not very political or haven't been excited by any candidates in a while. You could literally have your voter registration revoked because you haven't voted in a while. It has happened to literally hundreds of thousands people this year alone.

The lower the turnout, the less polling stations they'll have, and the longer you have to wait to vote. Already in some places in the country people weight over 8 hours to cast their ballot. Would you wait on line for 8 hours to vote? Maybe you would, but some people can't! They work or have kids or are old and just can't stand that long.

That means you not voting is literally keeping OTHER people in your community from voting. It's not fair, but it's how it is.

Vote for God's sake. Jesus wants you to vote. Babies want you to vote. Puppies also want you to vote.

- written - voted for by lirou
Anyone here smoke cigars?

soco wrote:
I turn 96 next year. Still, I hope I receive an invite to your funeral.

I'll arrange for my family to give out free cigars to everyone at the event.

- written - voted for by DocteurRalph
Last 5 Replies - All 816 Replies »
Too much snow.

Cregyn wrote:
How much is too much? And why is it a problem, Lano?

Hope it melts soon though if it is so much trouble for you.

A. I have to shovel it. We got a foot a couple of weeks ago and now we just had 6 inches this past weekend. We're getting another couple of inchest tomorrow. And it's going to snow this coming weekend too.

B. I have social distanced plans that the snow is interfering with.

Too much snow.

- written
Housemate trouble

Cregyn wrote:

I don't know, I guess he had a crush on me, and when he found out I was much older, he turned hostile.. He seems to be a bad loser?

I think if you explicitly rejected an advance from him this would make more sense, but simply finding out that you're older or that you are a mother is not something, by itself, would make a guy start hating you or, depending on his intentions or the way he sees things, even discourage him. That said people aren't always rational. But I wonder if there is something else at play that is making him act this way.

Perhaps you have done something to annoy him? I wonder if it's not something that can be settled with a simple discussion.

If that doesn't work, or you don't feel comfortable approaching him, maybe you should talk to your fellow housemates about it...they could be experiencing the same thing from this guy for all you know.

You can also try talking to the landlord I suppose.

I have never lived in an apartment or shared living situation so apologies if I sound naïve on all this.

- written
so after a long time user of Android phones i'm forced to switch to iPhone..

NacthoMan wrote:
after a couple weeks with my iphone.. learning all the tics n switch im able to adjust to it.. tho its only been a few weeks.. im confident that i'll pick up mastering the arts of iphone usage. it does come off as a solid phone.. just i hate the "inside purchases" to get the premium goodies etc. kinda like when microsoft xbox 360 first came out with separate hardware.. such as wireless connection and chargeable batteries.

Man those things sorta put me off.. i hope the day never comes when you buy a car.. but have to purchase an engine/battery to go with it.

personally i think the android was more convenient for me.. i never used the voice commands anyways.

Oh...apple is evil for sure. And they design their stuff to lock you into using their products, which is why i tried to switch to a different phone...thanks for reminding me of this...never going back to apple products.

- written
Housemate trouble

Also 7 housemates sounds like a rough living situation. I hope its a big house.

- written
Housemate trouble

NacthoMan wrote:
just cuz you got a kid his age he's repulsive about it?

i dont get it?

I second this. I don't really follow.

- written
Lano's conversations are tagged...