912 replies, Replies 61 to 70

Why are teachers and other school staff paid so little?

It some places (tho not most, from what i understand) being a teacher is quite lucrative. It depends where you live.

I would say teacher salary is probably correlated with how strong the teacher's union is in that area.

Also keep in mind teachers work for the state, so if there was enough popular sentiment there really is no reason public school teachers salary shouldn't go up.

So i would say the reason is lack of strong labor organization in many places and general public apathy and inertia on the issue.

- written
Is it wrong to wish someone would go away?

It really depends on the context but i would say in general wishing something has little effect on anyone else's life so the ethical considerations are minimal to be sure.

- written
Best breakfast?

I like eggs with toast or bread. I need juice with my eggs tho...just a thing i have.

While i like eggs once in a while i can't have them everyday...i get tired of them easily. Also so much cholesterol!

- written
So many things!

Hope the moment keeps going

- written
Places to see in United States?

Well, niagara falls is in the northeast.

Florida and louisiana have some nice swamps if you're into that.

I think some of the great lakes are partly in midwest.

Great resource is if you go to your local library and get a travel guide for specific state after looking at a map.

- written
Are you a cat person or a dog person?

I think im a cat person because they seem like less work rhan dogs. But i have never actually owned any animals.

- written
What song makes you happy?

I am not a classical or opera fiend by any means but these particular reliably have a positive effect on my mood or i will play them when i am feeling celebratory.

- written
What song makes you happy?

https://youtu.be/7qHZkkgowdY

- written
What song makes you happy?

https://youtu.be/4pbMUEHvoAo

- written
How to calm anxiety?

Ultimately if its chronic and nothing you do seems to help, it may be something that requires medication. You don't necessarily need to go to a shrink for that, often your primary dr can prescribe something.


That said try taking a walk and listening to something that will keep you from having anxious thoughts. Like music or a podcast on something that does not relate to anything stressful.

When i am anxious i usually feel the need to move so that is what i try to do. I will pace and talk to someone.

- written